Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mother's Day makes

Here are the cards I made for Mother's Day, using patterns from Embroidery on Paper for Every Occasion.  I really enjoyed making them and was very pleased how they turned out and the recipients liked them too.




I also made this picture for my Mum using buttons and mounted in an Ikea box frame.


My Mum had an unexpected Mother's Day present getting her plaster removed on Friday, only 5 weeks after breaking her ankle.  She got to have her first bath on Mother's Day morning, bliss!

It was a day of mixed emotions as both my Mum and Mum in Law have lost their Mum's since last Mother's Day.  We visited the garden of remembrance to visit my grandparents and met up with my Auntie and Uncle who were also visiting their son, my cousin, no mother should have to lose a child, but many do and I can't begin to imagine how painful Mother's Day must be for them.  I must go and kiss my 'baby' goodnight now.



No comments:

Post a Comment