Thursday, February 11, 2016

Meet Christine

Christine is a fellow ME sufferer who enjoys crafts


What is your craft?

I have done many crafts; drawing, painting, beading, sewing, knitting, making miniatures,  shell craft, and so on. Basketry too in the past. Pergamano parchment craft which I used to enjoy a great deal.

How did you get started and when? 

I have always done crafting, since my teens. 

Do you have a business name?  What is it and how did you choose it? 

No, although when I was selling jewellery at craft fairs I used to label them “Handmade by hochiwich”. Hochiwich is a name I use sometimes as an alias, it means hedgehog, in the Romany language, and it felt appropriate. I am less prickly now :)

What is your favourite part of your craft? 

Being creative.

What is your least favourite part? 

Pain in my hands and exhaustion from concentration :) 

Do you have a favourite thing that you make?  Do you have a picture of it? 

I don’t have a favourite. But I have many pictures. My current hobby or craft is making peg dolls to a high standard. 




Do you have a website or Facebook page?  If so what is the URL? 

I don’t have a website of my crafts, only one for some of my poetry. As I’m not selling my wares it doesn't seem worth paying for a webpage. 

Do you sell your makes?  If so, how and where? 

I no longer sell my work. Being housebound to a large degree makes it difficult. Also being on benefits makes it complicated and I work too slowly now to make it worthwhile. 

What is your favourite craft product? 

Again, no real favourites. What I use depends on the current craft. 

What is your favourite craft supplier? 

Currently I use eBay quite a lot. 

Personal Details

Name Christine Stromberg
Age 71
Location Sheffield, South Yorkshire

No comments:

Post a Comment