Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Perils of internet shopping and lifts!

Internet shopping can be great, easy to get things at the touch of a button (too easy sometimes), which is fine if you know exactly what you want, but a pain if you need to see the style or fit or quality of something.  I have been caught out so many times it puts me off shopping.  I am always wary of spending too much and often place items in my "basket" and then delete them all as I can't justify the need.  This week two items have arrived that I am really disappointed with a cardigan
that was in a sale, the full price was £39.99.  Thankfully I only paid £12.50, but when it arrived and I put it on it was itchy, poor quality and badly finished and smelly and huge, its a size 8, but think it would fit a 16!  I don't mind it being big and baggy,but.....  In my frustration I put it to wash to get rid of the itching and smell, I should have sent it back, but I am stuck with it now.  Another order arrived this week too a coat , and I am very disappointed with it, it doesn't fasten up to the neck and gapes, the colour is much duller than I wanted and the shaping is strange, not at all as it appears on the model.  I am trying to return the item, but as it has shipped from Hong Kong I am having difficulty.  I was not aware when I placed the order that it was not being sold by Amazon and is not covered by their returns policy.  As usual I had tried to get something cheaper than the item I really wanted as its only for taking Emily to school and the like and was not worth paying a lot for, and I didn't want to pay ridiculous shipping prices, but I got caught out as usual, there is no such thing as a bargain! The one I really wanted was this one,

 but wasn't sure on the sizing and it cost more than I wanted to pay and again is not sold by Amazon.

I have found some others now, but am stuck with the one I don't like :-(  This one at cotton traders
and this one at Bon Prix in orange of course!!  And some very expensive options Nikita-Acorn-Parka

jack-wolfskin


and ASOS or Macy's

So all in all rather fed up I only wanted a nice bright coat to cheer me up on these dreary mornings and keep me warm and ended up with a drab, cold one that I won't wear and can't return so stuck with my old one which is old and black!

A few weeks ago I posted about dreams.  last night I had another of my recurring dreams, one about being in a lift that never goes to my floor or goes sideways and like a roller coaster.  Dream Moods says

"In general, the up and down action of the elevator represents the ups and downs of your life. It also symbolizes emotions and thoughts that are emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious. 

To dream that the elevator is out of order or that it is not letting you off symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control. It may be a reflection of your life or your career. You are feeling stuck in some aspect of your life, whether it is your career, relationship, etc.

To dream that the elevator is moving sideways means that your efforts are counter productive. You are going nowhere in your work, relationship or other situation."

Sounds about right to me :-(

I rather lost track of my positives yesterday a day full of pain, fatigue, dizziness and general yuckiness.  Thankfully Emily went to bed without too much fuss unlike the night before, but I had to leave Rob to deal with her anyway after I read her story as I needed to go to bed myself and if she knows I am in bed she settles down as she knows she isn't missing anything.  I was still awake at midnight though so didn't get any benefit from the early night and have lots to do today. Already worn myself out typing this, ironing Emily's uniform, sorting out washing and stripping off one bed and slicing up home-made bread.  Still need to clean out hamster and wash my hair at the very least.  Perhaps if I take hamster cage in bath that will get both jobs done, hmmmmmmm.

Bread made yesterday from Helen's Quick Seeded Bread Mix and Brilliant Scone Mix.  My attempt on Monday at Pumpkin bread using the Brilliant Bread Mix failed to cook :-( another waste, I will never save any money.






No comments:

Post a Comment