Thursday, March 23, 2023

No card challenge

 A challenge not to make a card, I had lots of ideas, but pulling this one together seemed to fail at every step! Either what I tried didn’t work or I didn’t have the materials I wanted so this is a bit if a disappointment, but meets the challenge of Outlawz No Cards theme music makes the world go round.

Photographing was very difficult due to the reflectiveness of the Cd’s, but does show how they would catch the light when hung. Originally I wanted to stitch a design onto the Cd’s, but drilling the holes was hard and then some of them cracked and then needle would not pass through the holes. I chose Cd’s because they are round and they are music, and the notes and treble clef for music. The notes and clef are made from black sticky gems, the smaller notes are confetti. I sandwiched ribbon between the 2 cd’s and stuck them together to create a hanging. In the end quite a simple creation that anyone could make with old Cd’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment