Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A few plugs!

Just a quick post to promote crafty events coming up in Leeds with some of my favourite crafters present.

A must is the Christmas launch at Our Handmade Collective on Thursday 30th October 5 till 8pm.  There will be mulled wine, guess I will be driving home after that.  Also mince pies and chocolate, gingerbread and fudge, well Rob will be happy, he can do the tastings whilst I spend his money!

I know it will be a great event and everyone will get a very warm welcome.

Sadly I will be missing another of my favourite events the handmade fair at Rivers Meet this Sunday "All our talented crafters bring their crafty wares to this fair. Great range of handmade goods from local stallholders ranging from jams and preserves to jewellery, pinnies and cushions, stitchcraft and knitting"  But hope to make Christmas Winter Wonderland  at the same venue on November 22nd and 23rd.  The event promises "Marvellous Christmas gift and craft fair over 2 days in the cafe and the marquee. This one is the big one. New exciting crafts and exclusive offers. Ideas for everyone. Lovely things you won't find on the high street without the bother of fighting with the city centre crowds." Its always well attended and brilliantly organised by Margaret.  

Another one near to me, although I haven't been before is Belle Isle URC fair on November 8th sounds great Games for all the family, tombolas, raffles, fun and refreshments +++ great gift and craft stalls with present ideas for everyone at great prices. Treats you won’t find on the high street.
Santa’s coming – make sure you do too!

A well attended event locally is the Christmas lights switch on with market stalls on Commercial Street and Christmas fair in Blackburn Hall during the day.  This year its on Saturday 22nd November.

Finally if you fancy something a bit different for your Christmas do, how about Gluten Free at 2 Oxford Place or New Year's Eve.  Booking is essential as it gets really busy.  I don't usually bother with going out for something before Christmas as it is so busy and my options are limited, but I am tempted by this.

I don't really want to think about Christmas I find it a busy and overwhelming time.  Yesterday I was asked what I am doing for Christmas!  Usually by the time the day arrives I am ready to go to bed and stay there for the festive season.


No comments:

Post a Comment